Social media can play a vital role in a business’s marketing strategy and here at eJenn Solutions, we were excited to see that Pinterest launched a new feature called Idea Pins. Evan Sharp, Co-Founder, Chief Design and Creative Officer at Pinterest, said,
What are Idea Pins?
This new feature is a multi-page video format that allows users to publish high-quality, long-lasting saveable content directly to Pinterest. Much like Facebook Stories or Instagram Reels/Stories, Idea Pins are another way that users can engage with video content and businesses can build up their audience.
In September 2020, Pinterest tested out Story Pins with a small group of creators, and the results were positive. From there, the company developed more features (see below) and finalized what is now known as Idea Pins.
Included in Idea Pins are:
- Video recording and editing for up to 20 pages of content
- Voice over recording so creators can add their own personal voice
- Music selection by Epidemic Sound
- Ghost mode transition tools (perfect for those before-and-afters!)
- Detail pages for instructions or ingredients
- Interactive elements like people tagging and stickers
- Multi-draft save so Creators can publish more ideas
- Export options to share content beyond Pinterest
- Topic tagging, a publishing feature that helps connect content to relevant interests
- The Creator Code – Pinterest’s content policy designed to keep their platform a positive and inspiring place
Building An Engaged Community
Helping Creators Succeed On Pinterest
With Idea Pins, Pinterest is really focusing on the success of creators. There are new updates to Analytics where creators can see how their Idea Pins are driving engagement, such as the effect it has on Followers and Profile Visits.
Idea Pins is available in the USA, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Pinterest has already seen the use of Idea Pins grow by 4x since January, thus supporting the fact that Idea Pins are likely here to stay, making for richer and more engaging content.
Follow the #SocialNews2Use hashtag on Social Media for more social media news you can use like this!